This voyage would normally cost £505 per person but thanks to the generosity of our supporters, these places are now available completely FREE for selected candidates
Nominate a Young Person
You can nominate anyone as long as they will be aged 12-18 on 22nd August 2020 and they live, or go to school, in Dartmouth.
It might be someone who has never previously had the chance to sail – perhaps someone who has had limited opportunities for holidays or adventure. It might be someone who has struggled or been through hard times and needs a confidence boost. Perhaps someone is a young carer, or has shown an incredible act of courage. Perhaps you are concerned about a young person and want to give them a chance of a positive activity.
We want you to tell us the reason why your unsung hero should be chosen and nominating a young person couldn’t be easier: simply fill in the form below, and read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page.
if you are aged 12-18 and you really want to come, there is no reason why you can’t nominate yourself, but we will need permission from a parent or carer before you can sail.
*Please note that the selected participants will be required to fill in an Ocean Youth Trust South booking form before a place on the voyage can be confirmed. This form will ask for details of medical conditions, physical or learning difficulties, behaviour issues etc., in order that we can be certain that people can safely take part in the voyage, and to ensure that appropriate support can be provided to everyone on board. If you are concerned that you may be nominating a young person who will have anything of this nature to declare, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in confidence whether the young person is likely to be eligible for the voyage. More details about the Ocean Youth Trust can be found at: http://www.oytsouth.org
Terms and Conditions
- Open to young people age 12 – 18 years old (at the time of the trip) who live in, or are at school in, Dartmouth.
- The entries will be judged by a panel. The panel will select those they feel are the most deserving, regardless of the number of nominations received.
- The judges’ decision is final
- Nominations close at 11.59pm on Friday 3rd April 2020.
- Voyage dates are non-negotiable.
- Individuals must be available to sail from Dartmouth to Poole between 22nd – 27th August 2020.
- Participants must hold a passport as the voyage will cross the Channel if weather conditions permit.
- Selected participants would need to be willing to be available for promotional activities around the Dartmouth Mayflower 400 commemorations and the Ocean Youth Trust Voyage.
- The prize is non- transferable and has no monetary value.
- Return travel from Poole to Dartmouth is not included in this offer; participants must be able to make the return journey independently
- Permissions from parents/guardians will be needed for participation in the voyage, and for photographs taken during the voyage, and related publicity opportunities to be used in the media and social media.
- Selected participants will be required to fill in an Ocean Youth Trust South booking form before a place on the voyage can be confirmed.
- Selected participants must adhere to the Ocean Youth Trust South’s Terms and Conditions at http://www.oytsouth.org.