We’re aiming to dress the whole town with pennants and everyone is welcome to contribute. Can’t you just see them – on the railings, on the ferries, around the Bandstand. It’s ambitious, so we’re hoping that individuals (in town or up country!) and local groups will get involved; all ideas and all levels will make it a proper community venture.
This is what we need :
* 4000, yes – 4000! rectangular pennants (NOT triangular)
* finished size of A4
* made of fabric : sewn, appliqued, knitted, painted
* predominately red, white and blue
* plain or patterned – nautical, stripes, floral, anything you like
* no need to have any image on both sides
* ideally backed for robustness (unless the fabric is substantial)
* COLOUR-FAST, as they’ll be hung outside for several weeks
Pennants will be hung throughout Dartmouth between 1 August and 15 September 2020 and will be available as a legacy for use to celebrate other significant occasions.
This is already becoming a very exciting project as so many groups are coming on board to create the thousands of pennants we require to decorate the town with as part of the 2020 commemoration… a real community project.